How To Cook Short-Grain, Stir Fry Rice
Stir fry rice Ingredients
- Few tbsp of Bone Broth – Buy Here
- ~ 2 cups of short grain rice.
- 1 Cup of Bean Sprouts
- ¼ Cup celery
- ½ Cup Oyster mushrooms
- 3 chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup carrots
- 1 TBSP minced ginger
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- Handful of cilantro
- 1 egg
- Bragg liquid Amino Acids – Buy Here
- Nutritional yeast to garnish – Buy Here
- Black pepper
- Cayenne Pepper (OPTIONAL)
This meal is a great pre workout/early afternoon meal.
Prep your pan & sweat your veggies
1) Begin heating up some olive oil in your pan.
2) Once hot, Add both your minced garlic and ginger to your pan.
3) Then add both your carrots & celery to the pan. We will want to sweat these vegetables in your pan. Sweating veggies means cooking veggies till they are translucent. Once they get to the beginning part of cooking they begin to release their flavors. Sweat for 1-2 mins.
After your veggies have been properly sweated a bit – You are more then welcome to add any sort of protein to this you are more then welcome to. We are going to stirfry an egg but if you wanted to do chicken, shrimp or steak you would add this now.
Add the rest of your ingredients
4) Now add your 3 chopped cherry tomatoes.
(recommended to add some more oil because the mushrooms suck up the oil) We dont want to get the pan too hot, we want to cook slow.
5) Crack your egg and add to pan. Begin to stir fry your egg within the other ingredients.
6) Add your 1 cup of bean sprouts.
7) Then add your short grain rice, (we used this rice cooker.).
8) Add your cilantro & a little salt and pepper to taste
9) & Add a dash of bone broth for flavor – At this point you dont want greasy rice you want healthy looking rice.
Going forward if you want to add any other vegetables, Peas, snow peas, whatever your likings are, shrimp, chicken beef whatever but what we are going to do now is plate it up.
Plate your dish
10) Add your rice to your plate or (OPTIONAL) you can use a mold to form a circular rice shape.
11) Spray your liquid aminos on both your rice and your plate.
12) Add your liquid amino acid. This is for both taste and for garnishing.
13) Add/top your rice with your nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is similar to a soy sauce but is made with coconut oil.
14) To further garnish, add some additional bean sprouts, cilantro & carrots.
(OPTIONAL) Feel free to add some lime juice. The acidity will make the flavors pop more 🙂
& your done!
Short grain rice are one of the easiest carbs for our bodies to process.
Shop The Equipment
- Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
- Kitchen Wooden Cooking Spoon
- Rice Cooker
- Acacia Wood Cutting Board
Let us know what you thought of this recipe 🙂