How To Cook Okra Stew
Prep Your Ingredients
- 2 cups of Chicken or Beef Broth – Buy Here
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 TBSP of Fresh Minced Ginger Root
- 1 Cup Chopped Okra
- 1 Cup of chopped yellow/orange peppers
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 chopped medium avocado
- 1 handful of Alfalfa sprouts (Or whatever sprouts you enjoy)
Build Your Broth
1) Start by pouring in your broth (Chicken or bone) into your sauce pan over medium heat. We used a combination here because chicken broth actually has more protein than bone broth.
2) Then Add a pinch of salt & Pepper to your broth.
Add your hearty vegetables
3) Add your 1 TBSP of fresh minced ginger root to your broth.
4) Add your 1 cup of chopped okra to your broth.
5) Add your 1 cup of chopped yellow & orange peppers.
Simmer your broth for a minute or two before going to the next step.
6) Now add your 1 cup of cherry tomatoes and you can tell the soup is ready for this step when you start seeing the soup begin to thicken.
Prepare your bowl
7) In a dry bowl add your 1 chopped medium avocado. This will add good fats & nutrients to your body.
8) Now pour your hot okra stew on top of the avocado.
9) Now break up some sprouts and add them on top of the stew.
10) Taste it – after tasting it, feel free to add a little more salt and pepper to jazz it up.
We are using a store boughten broth but you can make your own. Since the broth is already ready all we are doing is adding your ingredients and you’re going to bring your ingredients to a boil then simmer it and the bone broth is going to get enhanced by all the flavors of the vegetables.
& your done!
Shop The Equipment
- Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
- Sauce Pan (4 qt)
- Kitchen Wooden Cooking Spoon
- Acacia Wood Cutting Board
This gut healthy recipe is one of the nicest things you can do to your stomach.
Let us know what you thought of this recipe 🙂