How To Cook Green Curry Cod Stew
Green curry cod stew Ingredients
- Bone Broth (1 cup of grass-fed beef, 1 cup of organic chicken broth) – Buy Here
- 1 TBSP minced ginger,
- 1 TBSP minced Turmeric
- A quarter of a yellow pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup escrow
- 1/2 cup Okra
- 2 Cod fillets
- Our Cauliflower
- 2 TBSP Thai Green Curry – Buy Here
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup Bean sprouts
- ~10 leafs of Thai Basil
- Half a lime.
- Some Cilantro.
Directions For Green Curry Cod Stew
1) Start off by adding your Bone Broth to your saucepan & bring it to a low boil. This will begin to form the stock for your soup.
2) Add your minced turmeric/ginger to your bone broth on a low boil.
3) Then Add your sliced Okra & Sliced Cauliflower.
4) Next add your sliced mushrooms.
5) Next Add in your diced Yellow peppers. Cook all these ingredients for 5 minutes before proceeding. We are going to finish with the items that don’t cook as fast. If you like veggies well done, you can choose to cook longer.
6) After 5 minutes is up, add your quartered cherry tomatoes.
7) Next add your chopped Codfish.
8) Next Add in your escrow (escrow is sorta like a kale or spinach).
9) Now add in your 2 TBSP Green Curry.
10) Add a pinch of salt & pepper to taste.
11) Slowly stir while adding in your coconut milk. All we want to do is add some richness and you can tell by the color. Pour it until you get the green color.
12) Check your codfish. Once the cod is finished (You should see it starting to flake to indicate cooked) add your poached eggs.
This soup will be complete once the poached egg is cooked. When you break the yolk open, it helps make the soup creamier & adds more protein to it. Egg protein is great for your stomach since it is easy to digest. It takes around 2-3 minutes of cooking time on a low boil. Stir the soup gently (you don’t want to break the egg). Control the heat, once your stock starts to boil, you will begin to overcook the egg.
At this stage, the soup is getting thicker from the Okra which is a thickening agent. It’s like a gluten-free soup with thickened texture
13) Once the poached egg is ready, pour all the contents from your saucepan into a bowl over your dry ingredients.
Directions for your dry ingredients.
14) Add 1/2 cup bean sprouts to your bowl.
15) Add about 5 to 10 leaves of your Thai basil.
16) finish it by squeezing in some fresh lime (this provides acidity).
17) (OPTIONAL) Garnish with some chopped cilantro
18) Mix everything together.
& you’re done!
Shop The Equipment
- Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
- Sauce Pan (4 qt)
- Kitchen Wooden Cooking Spoon
- Acacia Wood Cutting Board
Let us know what you thought of this recipe in the comments 🙂