Now I have been waiting a long time for this podcast with my friend Dan Hunt. I first met Dan years back through direct sales. Dan crushed it in his first 2 months but quickly decided that industry wasn’t for him. After having gotten that entrepreneurial itch, Dan dropped out of school and became the COO and Co-founder of the now public company MassRoots, which allows you to discover the best cannabis strains and products with the help of one 1 Million enthusiasts.
At just 19 years old, Dan raised 42 Million dollars for the company while going through a rollercoaster of startup bliss and chaos.
Dan offers fascinating insights into the modern condition affecting people in various ways.
CBD has shown to help tremendously with recovery.
Dan has since left Massroots and started a new company as the co-founder of Recover. Recover offers full-spectrum CBD paired with all organic ingredients that are used for Mind, Body and Sleep. Their mission is to help high performers bounce back by enhancing recovery. The CBD industry is rapidly expanding and Dan is looking to lead his company to capitalize on the opportunity.
“CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis (marijuana). While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant. While CBD is a component of marijuana (one of the hundreds), by itself it does not cause a “high.” – Harvard Health Publishing
I’ve had the luxury of traveling to multiple countries with Dan and have picked his brain on a variety of topics. On this episode, we discuss:
- Lessons learned while raising money as both a public and a private company.
- The Adderall epidemic in America
- Mental illness and how misunderstood it is
- Latencies in our school systems
- The science behind living longer and life extension
- Ways to improve your sleep
- and the disgusting reality of the phone addiction epidemic
- Follow Ian on Instagram: @ianlenhart
- Follow Damn Good Day on Instagram: @damngoodday